Making services work better in West Belconnen
We are developing a local services network in West Belconnen. The Network is also part of Better Services. The Network is a new way of providing services relating to health and wellbeing, education, family support, housing and justice so that they meet the needs of people in the local area.
An important part of setting up a Network is getting feedback and ideas from people in the community.
We are talking to residents, to service providers that are already in the area, and to local businesses to get a better idea of the kind of supports that are needed. This process is called ‘co-design’.
We ask people to tell us about:
- the way services are currently delivered
- the barriers to accessing services
- the kind of services that are needed to meet local needs
- what processes could be shared across services so that people get a better experience
- possible solutions to issues around services.
A Network Leadership Group is guiding the development of the Network in West Belconnen. This group has membership from Belconnen Community Service, UnitingCare Kippax, the National Health Cooperative, Inanna, Red Cross and ACT Government Directorates.
For more information about the West Belconnen Local Services Network and see how you can be involved, contact the Better Services team on 6205 5174 or Betterservices@act.gov.au.
Invitation for Community Members or Groups
To Access West Belconnen Local Resource Fund with Grant Funds of Up to $5,000
The West Belconnen Local Services Network (Network) is about building services and supports around the needs of the local community. If you have an idea that can contribute to the Network’s commitments please apply.
Network Commitments are:
- Ensuring people and families have a positive experience when accessing services that are simple, respectful and easy to use.
- Continuing to build the capacity of people and families to connect with their local community to receive the right support when they need it.
- Working together with local services, local business and people to share resources and to reduce service duplication.
The Network is also about identifying the things that can help to make the community stronger, more independent and connected, this could include improving access to information, maintaining and improving community facilities, improving transport options, and continuing to build a sense of West Belco Pride.
Funding is now available for local projects that will contribute to these objectives and support the roll out of the following commitments outlined in the West Belconnen Commitment to Community.
Applications for funding are now open
Our Community Grants
This grant funding of up to $5,000 aims to support one or more of the local priorities identified in the Commitment to Community, which are:
- A Better Start for our Kids
- Supporting Strong Families
- Employment Pathways for Young People
- Connecting Older People in our Community
This grant funding should provide resourcing where no or minimal funding is currently available, with preference given to activities which focus on capacity development to ensure sustainability of projects in the longer term.
Applicants are asked to submit a short and simple 1 page application using the application form below no later than the 20 April 2016.
Successful applicants will be responsible for delivering the project within the timeframe identified and for providing the Network Leadership Group with a brief update on how the funds were used and outcomes from the project within 60 days of completion.
Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com
Please contact Carleigh Dallen if you would like further information on 02 6205 5174.
For more information on the Local Services Network, visit www.betterservices.act.gov.au